Tuesday, October 4, 2011

White Noise


Evelyn: I haven't been in a coin laundry for ages. Actually, felt sort of soothing, the rhythms of the dryer drums tumbling clothes, the spinning colors caught between glimpses, the smells of fresh laundered clothing and feel of warm fabrics. I forgot how fun the baskets on wheels were (not that I went riding around) and I almost wished that I had a need to head to the coin-op laundry, if even to help a friend, just to bring a book and have an excuse to wait, coffee in hand, laundry tumbling color over color...

Monica: Day 4 of rain. I didn't think the rainy season would come so soon, but here it is. It seems like only last week I was basking in the warm Indian summer sunshine. Now I'm indoors mostly, listening to the patter of raindrops on the roof, a soothing white noise in the background of my existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment