Thursday, October 13, 2011

Oh, The Places We Go


Monica: It was such a lovely, sunny fall day that I decided I would walk to our mailbox, a little less than a mile away at the Caspar community center. When I got there, I decided to keep walking. I wanted to prolong the pleasure of the warm sun and cool air on my skin and the gravelly road beneath my feet. I walked to the end of Caspar and then headed out to the bluffs to take in the view. I don't walk this way very often but I'm glad I did.

Evelyn: The little ice cream shop in Palm Harbor (The Sweet Spot), right off of Crystal Beach is an oasis of wholesome homemade ice cream. I love that it is open until 10 p.m. every night, even Sundays, and welcomes me  with opportunities to drown myself in the yumminess of unique fall flavors like pumpkin ice cream. They make all kinds of things, other than ice cream, and the shop is so colorful, I am like Gretel, checking out the candy cabin in the beachy Florida tropical swamps.

No comments:

Post a Comment