Thursday, October 6, 2011

Looking Out


Evelyn: Been feeling a bit like I am watching the world through a window - and it is moving and whirling, a dynamic energy. Sometimes I am dumbfounded, my breath drawn and at times I see myself out there dancing with the flow, bending and swaying. Sometimes, I am simply uncertain and lonely. Either way, it all moves in and out of focus, depending on the speed in which things change, and I just have to trust that I am, as I am always, complete.

Monica: One of the perks of my job is getting to meet cool people from around the world. Today a couple of photographers from Australia showed up, two women on a 3-month trip through the western states of the U.S. and Canada. As it was just getting to the magic hour before sunset and I was headed out on my photo walk, I invited them to join me. As we neared the coastline with its dramatic view of golden meadows and crashing surf, they became giddy with excitement over the beauty before them. "I LOVE LIGHT!" one of them exclaimed as she put her eye to her camera's viewfinder and snapped away. I was thrilled to be able to share that with them, two kindred spirits who "got it." It's such a pleasure to share something of beauty with others and see them light up. 


No comments:

Post a Comment