Saturday, October 22, 2011

Playing Together


Evelyn: I love the live band in Orlando, and any opportunity to dance. Tonight was the Little Big Band - resounding old fun songs to swing to - a nine piece. The light is low, and sometimes it is hard to capture their jiving performance  - however this was an unexpected and fun picture; capturing their joy of playing together.

Monica: I was headed to the bluffs to take photos when I heard the shrieks and laughter of children on the beach below. The sounds piqued my curiosity, so I made my way down the trail to the beach and pulled out my camera. There were four boys chasing each other in the creek, kicking and splashing water at each other, hurling clumps of sand, whooping and shouting as they battled each other. In contrast, there were two little girls squatting in a shallow pool away from the commotion, chatting away as they dug in the sand to expand their "hot tub." A group of adults was sprawled on the sand nearby, clearly enjoying watching their kids' antics. I was reminded how much fun it was to PLAY as a kid, to imagine mermaid worlds with my sister, to scream at the top of my lungs while being chased. It was a perfect day at the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment