Monday, October 24, 2011

Poised


Evelyn: Stepping out - the day settled and productive at work, a long drive home still on the agenda - I was suddenly aware how quickly the light was fading and I made a mad rush to wander near campus and find an image worth shooting. I came upon my shadow; sharp, humble, and certain. There she paused, posing, waiting to be captured.

Monica: I had to cajole him into joining me on today's photo walk. It's been awhile since we've walked down to the bluffs together to take in the majestic view of the sea and watch the sun sink below the fog bank lurking on the horizon. Sometimes I just have to stop and savor the moment, committing the details to memory, my heart filled with gratitude for the years we have behind us and the partnership we've built together that is the truest thing I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment