Monday, July 11, 2011

Small Wonders


Monica: While Michael was watering the garden, I took the opportunity to practice "freezing" motion with my camera. I was aiming for the spray, but instead I captured a drip of water from the nozzle. I love the way water morphs into different shapes within an instant.

Evelyn: I had been wandering around the jungle behind the Spiral Circle, looking for photography fodder when I spotted a small statue of St. Francis of Assisi (the patron saint of the environment and animals) holding a bird. As I got in close something moved from his cheek to his neck, and on further inspection I realized my camera was playing hide-and-seek with a freshly hatched lizard, so small that if it hadn't been for the swish of his tail catching my eye I would never have seen him. He jumped from one side of the statue's head, neck and shoulder to the other as I tried to catch him with my lens.

No comments:

Post a Comment