Thursday, June 9, 2011

Little Things


Monica: I was reorganizing my art desk when I looked down and saw my maiden initials in the little wood block stamps that my best friend gave me for my birthday. There was a moment of recognition; I've written those letters so many times in my life. Then I got married and the only thing that changed was a "v" appeared between the "m" and the "h." It's fitting that marriage only added to my identity, rather than changed it.

Evelyn: The warm light that evades every available space not hidden by shadow near dusk fills me with a sense of cozy encapsulation. It marks the close of a day, it highlights the world in a surreal sort of way, it feels warm, regardless of temperature. Sometimes I wish I could easily capture the sun in a jar to carry with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment