Thursday, June 23, 2011

Delights


Monica: I took my sister-in-law to the airport early this morning and had several hours to kill before heading to my friend Adriana's house to kick off her bachelorette party weekend. On the way to Petaluma, I decided to stop at the Marin County Civic Center, which I'd heard about but had never seen. It was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright and was one of his last projects, completed in the 1960's after his death. The building is long and narrow and distinctly his in its geometry and how it's integrated into the surrounding landscape. The main entrance was unimpressive, but when the elevator doors opened to the third floor, what I saw took my breath away: an arched ceiling of glass and different levels of open corridors with plants and trees growing in between them. I wandered through every level and took in every view with delighted eyes. The man knew how to create an impressive space.

Evelyn: A day full of questions and answers, friendships & connections, sunsets and beer... well, at least a beer shared among friends. I loved the warm glow of the evening sun landing on this California Amber Ale—which, for a beer, was spectacularly delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment