Monday, November 28, 2011

Quiet Light


Monica: This morning we awoke to flint gray skies and a filmy fog hugging the coast. Big Sur has quite a different feel from where we live up north. The coastline is more rugged and the views more dramatic. We stopped at Nepenthe for coffee and the Henry Miller Library to browse the books and admire the funky, bohemian atmosphere.

Evelyn: A long day, filled with the felicity and gratification of teaching, matched by the distress and exhaustion of being misunderstood and not seen for my deepest intentions. It was hard to hold on to the morning delights that started my day, and I returned home, exhausted, disappointed, and deeply sad. I missed not having an arm to fall into, and instead wrapped myself in blankets and the quiet light of my bedroom for an early withdrawal.

No comments:

Post a Comment