Friday, November 18, 2011

A Familiar Drive



Monica: We arrived in Tucson just before sunset and drove to the top of Swan Road to take in the view of the city below. My heart swelled with gratitude to return to this desert, the place that has been the closest thing to "home" for me in my wayfaring life. I'm loving living in California. I'm loving the ocean and the forests and the rolling golden hills. But there's something about the solid mountains, spacious sky, and sparse beauty of the desert that calls to my soul. It's good to visit and recharge my spirit with desert energy. It's good to be back for a few days in the place I've known so well since I was 5.

Evelyn: Long day, Long Drive. (Not nearly as long as I imagine Monica & Michael are driving) however I made it to Pito's house, took off my sneakers, and took a deep breath. Rest, unload, connect, plan, and make the most of a weekend in a familiar place.

No comments:

Post a Comment