Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Unusual delights


Monica: We've been doing a lot of driving in the past week, more than I'd like for being on vacation. That's the way it goes when you're trying to see friends and family who live far away in a relatively short span of time. Today we drove to San Diego and, once again, made it in time for sunset as we made our way through El Cajon to Spring Valley. Michael drew my attention to the birds lined up on one of the traffic light posts and I grabbed my camera just in time to capture them.

Evelyn: The hotel in Ybor City was packed with generations of dancers,  full of music, and movement. A respite on the way out took me by several stained glass, Tiffany-like lamps whose colors were fun and vibrant. I love this venue. I love the variety of music, the old men who sit outside to smoke a cigar, and return to take a lady on the floor. I love their subtle eccentric swing, their warm smiles, the gentleness of the dance, the pickup lines they use

No comments:

Post a Comment