Thursday, September 29, 2011

Andrew/Dalí



Monica: I've known Andrew since 1997, when he got a job at the bookstore where I worked. I remember seeing his resumé on the manager's desk and becoming convinced in the 20 seconds it took me to review it that he was my soul mate. On paper, he was a lover of literature, food, music, and nature. Then I met him and I was smitten. He was handsome, intelligent, charming, witty...and gay. I was devastated for about two seconds and then we became fast friends. He treated me better than any boyfriend ever had, taking me hiking in spectacular places, to music concerts, on picnics, cooking amazing vegetarian meals for me, and making me laugh until my eyes teared and my stomach hurt. He's still one of my favorite people on the planet and I treasure the years of friendship between us.

Evelyn: Little hints of inspiration and encouragements to DO ART. I haven't played with art for months now, my days filled with getting settled. Salvador Dalí reminds me each time I enter my kitchen that just across the Fridge is a table - available, solid, to bear the weight and energy of artful play. "Go," he says, "It has been too long!"


No comments:

Post a Comment