Friday, December 30, 2011

Saying Goodbye


Evelyn: The boys are saying their goodbyes - the way boys do; a tumble of antics and gestures and animal sounds. Death threats are the only way to get them to behave half way reasonable for a picture (and frankly, these are way more fun than some serious pic of the boys together). I have over 60 shots, with countless expressions, and it leaves me truly appreciating the energy and fun these three create. If I hadn't been the one taking the pictures I surely would have been making just as many faces.

Monica: As we get nearer to our departure on Monday, I find myself desperately resisting the fact of our leaving. I don't want to say goodbye to our little cottage by the sea where we see the whales spout as they travel south for winter. I don't want to say goodbye to the constant roar of the ocean that has become the background music to my life. I don't want to say goodbye to the cute little towns that I have fallen in love with along this coast. This farewell is harder for me than most others. In fact, I can't remember the last time I was more heartbroken leaving a place than I was excited about the new adventures ahead of me. But there it is. I didn't think this place would wrap itself around my soul quite like it has. There's just no place in the world quite like here, and I will always remember that my years here were happy ones, in spite of the fog and the colder weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment