Saturday, May 28, 2011

Swingin'


Monica: Evelyn took me to Swing night where a live band was playing classic tunes from the 20's & 30's. I haven't "swung" since my sophomore year of college, when I took a ballroom dance class. We got a one-hour lesson before the band came in, then we were off. I had a blast. And now I'll have to remind Michael that he mentioned he was willing to go to dance lessons...

Evelyn:  The chatter, the saxophone, the bass, the laughter, the swirling skirts and Charleston legs, the shift of hands, the smell of saturated clothing and contented breath... the feel of different hands, new ways of being held, and tossed, and swung, and caught...

4 comments:

  1. Of course I'll give it a twirl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magnificent! Michael better keep his promise and take you dancing every weekend.
    Now, whose beautiful body flowing around the dance floor, you or your little sister?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was super cool fun. Luv the pic!
    Marisol

    ReplyDelete