Monday, May 9, 2011

Sacred Spaces


Evelyn: I stopped at the Dandy for dinner before my Creative Soulcare class; they have a small garden with a healing tree. It houses all kinds of artifacts that people have left with a prayer or two: bells, Buddhas, crystals, notes, flags, etc. As I walked around it I remember thinking a healing thought for my Kidlet whose aching belly and fever were a growing concern. I had no idea that we would be staring at an emergency room in just a few hours. 

Monica:  We took a much-needed day off and headed to our favorite little hot springs retreat tucked in a beautiful mountain valley. The moment we walked through the gate, it felt like we had stepped into the Garden of Eden. Roses, irises, poppies, tulips, and wisteria were in full bloom, the sun was shining, and the air temperature was a deliciously warm 75°. We soaked in the hot springs and walked the grounds, finding little lounging nooks with statues, stones, and offerings from guests. Some musicians sat in one such area and played their music softly. It was quite romantic and such a nice way to spend a day and night away from home and work.

1 comment: