Sunday, May 29, 2011

Rolls Royce


Evelyn: I absolutely love the gleem of the classic cars Pa exposes me to when I get to show up to events as a "Junior Member" of the Jag Club. There is an unending array of views, that fill me with awe: beautiful lines of chrome, the curve of a fender, the elegance of the some of the hood ornaments. I am really not a car person, but I can appreciate the beauty of a classic car, made with the care and creativity of generations of engineers.

Monica: Our dad is a member of the local chapter of what I call the "Fancy British Cars" club (i.e., Jaguars, Bentleys, Rolls Royces). He invited us to the monthly Sunday breakfast, where he and his cronies get together and talk cars and plan upcoming club events. After breakfast, we cruised the parking lot with our cameras in search of photo candy, but there were were only three fancy British cars; most of the members drove their "everyday" cars to the meeting. This Rolls was gleaming, with nary a fingerprint or scratch on its entire body. The hood ornament could have been liquid mercury.

No comments:

Post a Comment