Friday, May 6, 2011

Distant Views


Monica: This morning on the way to breakfast, I saw that the Botanical Gardens were having a free admission day. I came back in the early afternoon with my camera and took my time soaking in the beauty of the place. At a little pond tucked away in the rhododendron garden, I spotted several frogs camouflaged in the water, their little heads poking just above the surface, watching for their next meal.  Later, I passed a group of six women who were gasping and giddy over the magnificent blooms everywhere. They were laughing, eyes wide, throwing their hands up in the air as if they'd just discovered the garden of Eden. Their enthusiasm was infectious.

Evelyn: I attended opening night for the Orlando SNAP! Event showcasing the work of international, national, and local photographers. I pranced around in my little black cocktail dress and red sneakers - eating up the photography on the walls. Through my meanderings I was complimented on my red shoes by a widowed author working on his sequel, a local photographer who gifted me his weekend pass (because I looked like I would enjoy it more) and a handsome 50-something who practically ate me up with his eyes leaving just my red sneakers - until his girlfriend returned to redirect him. Quite fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment