Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day


Monica: We had a group of marine ecology students from Sonoma State University staying with us this weekend, and they invited us to join their field trip to some tide pools early this morning. I've become a bit of a bum about sleeping in till 9:00 a.m., so it was an adventure to get up at 6:30 and venture to the ocean in the early morning light. I learned a few things, but mostly I was excited to have the chance to photograph some beautiful creatures in the intertidal zone.

Evelyn: Mother's day moved by in a quiet sort of way. Plans for breakfast together fell through and Justin stayed home, sick and feverish. My dad took me out for a light meal at a great little place in Mt. Dora, then I spent most of the afternoon trying to fix my blog and checking the teen for proper fluids. I most appreciated the small acknowledgements from my close friends and loved ones, spread out through the day, the small texts, the verbal greetings, a hug or two. I took myself to swing class, danced delightfully, then met a friend for a movie. Breakfast with chocolates, dancing, pampering, worrying, movies, and a walk. Sounds about right.

No comments:

Post a Comment