Friday, April 22, 2011

Small Comforts


Monica: On our way to lunch at the harbor, my mom discovered a secret lair in the bushes where someone had built a little shelter complete with blankets and bowls of food and water for the wild cats in the area to make themselves at home. We saw this little white cat curled up on a handmade afghan (reminiscent of the ones my grandmother used to make in the 70s and 80s), peering back at us suspiciously with her clear blue eyes.

Evelyn: Dusk is an amazing sliver of the day, where the light transforms the world into a whole new scheme of colors, and landscapes mutate into alien schemes. A long day of driving was followed by a trip to the beach to hunt down a meal, and I was taken in by the rinse station sand. The sand on the gulf feels like silk and I sunk into its softness and let it drain away all the energy around navigating my way to St. Pete. There I watched for a bit as the sky turned orange, to pink, to blue, much like my own energy at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment