Friday, April 15, 2011

Close-Ups


Evelyn: In every moment there is potential for an opening, a shift in perspective, a blossoming of self; lessons, opportunities, and choices.

Monica: Walking out on the bluffs today, I saw two photographers in the distance with their cameras on tripods. One of them had an enormous 500mm telephoto lens. It was the biggest lens I'd ever seen. I asked if I could see what the world looked like through a 500mm lens. They pointed it at a seagull floating in the water and I peered through the viewfinder. I saw the seagull the same as if I were looking at it through a pair of binoculars. I was disappointed, expecting to see the tiny bumps on its bill or the fine lines of its individual feathers. I'm sure it's a fabulous lens, but nothing so impressive as my 60mm macro which captures things I can't even see with my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment