Monday, April 18, 2011

Birthday Celebrations


Monica: Some birthdays come and go with little fanfare. I'm not particularly fussy about my birthday and don't tend to celebrate grandly. The best birthdays have always been the ones spent with those nearest and dearest to me. Today I turned 37 and spent the day with my husband, mom, and stepdad. I spoke with my dad, sister, and several dear friends. Other dear friends left messages or sent well-wishes on Facebook. There was a beautiful sunset and full moon to boot. It was the sweetest birthday I've had in awhile. What more could I ask for than to feel loved and to feel that my presence on this planet matters to quite a few people?

Evelyn: My sister's Birthday, and aside from a sliver of darkness on one side of a waning moon, my day was so full that I didn't get my head wrapped around a birthday picture for her. Instead, I got to harvest my creativity with a bunch of women - conversation flying - laughing - advising - making meaning in our lives, in our words, in our art. An array of new India Ink waiting to be splashed onto the blank pages of my life at this very moment - and my hesitation as I see the unknown before me.

No comments:

Post a Comment