Monday, April 11, 2011

Gems


Evelyn: Rainbow makers and hysterics. Sitting among 7 women, all honest and lively, talking about nakedness and freedom, silly adventures and glorious dreams, earnest plans and candle-lite creativity, until the laughter broke through my belly with authentic tearful vivacity, so ambitious, I felt filled and spent in one deep rolling chortle.

Monica: Michael walked with me down to the bluffs this evening to watch the sunset. As we made our way homeward, we passed a couple in matching blue jackets, then another couple in matching black jackets. I looked down and noticed we were both wearing matching green jackets.  That cracked me up. I would have loved to have been able to photograph the bird's eye view of three pairs of humans in their matching jackets, hiking the bluffs at sunset. Instead, I photographed the forget-me-nots (again) that catch my eye every time I pass them. They are smaller than my pinky nail but they stand out, for each flower varies in color from the one next to it. Various shades of pink, blue, purple, and white with yellow or white centers.  Such variation creates a stunning overall effect when you see a patch of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment