Friday, April 29, 2011

Angles of Repose


Evelyn: Apparently everyone enjoys art journalism. Tig is the office cat at the Spiral Circle and often joins my groups on Monday nights or Friday mornings. On Fridays, he winds his way among all of us until Beverly opens up shop and he has full access to the front room full of rainbows and sunspots. He made his grand entrance during my setup for Art Day, sampling each bucket of fresh water, and eventually laying himself out amidst the artwork and tools. He has been the most consistent student.


Monica: Spring, I love you, but you're killing me. The days are deliciously long now; I can't believe it's nearly 9:00 p.m. and the last light is finally fading from the western sky. But it's been windy and those beautiful flowers and grasses of yours are showering their pollen everywhere. And I'm miserably allergic to them. It makes it difficult to enjoy being outside in this wild beautiful world when the consequences are itchy eyes, runny nose, and endless sneezing fits. Please. Have mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment