Saturday, April 9, 2011

Lighting the Way



Evelyn: I don't get to go to Home Depot enough, but this weekend was a series of little fixes. I finally have batteries in the smoke detectors, the new dishwasher is at long last re-anchored and steady, and my favorite fix is the new dryer vent that means I won't have flammable dust bunnies filling every crevice in my garage. Home Depot lights the way for all those "amusing" little projects... and sometimes it is beguiling to just meander the aisles and think of all the other things that need adjustments in my life.

Monica: It's half past ten p.m. and I hear the water running in the bathtub. Suddenly I remember that I haven't even looked at my camera today and the day is nearly over. I wait for him to settle into the hot water with his book, and like a paparazzi, I peer around the corner with my camera, snapping away. It amazes me how tolerant he is of my shutterbugging, even in the midst of relaxing in the tub with a philosophy book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment