Monday, March 28, 2011

Sun & Rain


Evelyn: Today was filled with rain. It has been months since it rained more than a few sprinkles here and there... it feels welcome, and it sums up some of the feelings I've been handling in a slippery, tired kind of way. I want, as my brilliant Artist Way group expressed, to cocoon for a bit, wrap up with blankets and tea and hold myself close. I am uncertain how to settle down this tired energy that is storming around and moving in powerful fronts. I am feeling vigilant, wondering what I am listening to, wondering how the streaks of rain might clear my path or convolute my vision, wondering where it may all land, and what I will discover once the rain has all ended.

Monica: A full day of sunshine today, so to celebrate, I paid a visit to the Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens with my camera. The rhododendrons were blooming magnificently and there was a rare species from China that had the most amazing scent. In the fall, a stunning dahlia garden is featured, but at this time of year the dahlias are mere twigs sticking out of the ground surrounded by cages. This  stunning tulip magnolia tree towered over the dahlia garden, and I couldn't help but exclaim "Look at you!" I have never noticed tulip magnolia trees before this year. They bear these enormous purplish-white flowers on their bare branches before they leaf. I can't get enough of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment