Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Left


Evelyn: I go to the ocean to get grounded, to find some clarity and breathe. I listen, and as each wave crawls in and envelops my feet, I listen some more... to that deep place that is asking for my attention. This is where balance is felt, regardless of what my life is doing, and where I can get quiet enough to let my deepest truth move into me. Waves break down the uncertainty, and I soften into a conversation with all the parts of myself that feel disconnected, and it is here that I am wrapped in the sunlight, in the water, in the sand, and in my authentic sense of self.  Sometimes I keep good company in that place.

Monica: It was a long day. My last task was to drop a self-check packet in the box outside our office for a guest that would be arriving pretty late. It was just past 8:00 and I remembered that I hadn't taken any photos yet. I was just about to mutter my annoyance, when I saw this tiny frog perched on the self-check box. Instantly, my attitude shifted and I ran to get my camera. He was a willing model and stayed stock still, even when I grabbed a flashlight to help illuminate him. (I didn't want to blast him with my flash.) An hour or so later, I remembered to tell Michael about him and we went outside to see if he was still there. He was.

No comments:

Post a Comment