Thursday, March 10, 2011

Naughty


Evelyn: The naughtiest thing I can do right now is eat something decadent. I have been working out at the gym religiously, having added jogging to the routine (and boy does that start firming things up!) This week Starbucks (Oh Glory Be - I have my gold card budget for those days I MUST have a Starbucks!) is celebrating its 40 years in business, and giving away petite yummies with a purchase... so after days of grading projects, tests, and essays, and the stress involved with the gradebook massacre of failing students, I decided this naughty little finger-licking thing HAD to be enjoyed, savored, and consumed. I am hoping that eventually I will have much naughtier things to do with my time and energy, but for now, this makes a lovely guilt-free companion to my day! (Sorry - I ate the Carrot Cake Petite, so wipe that drizzle off your chin!)

Monica:  This morning we had breakfast in Fort Bragg and walked around downtown afterward. I did a double-take when I saw this child's hydroponics kit in the window of the Spunky Skunk, a local toy store.  It didn't really surprise me to see this in a Mendocino toy store, being that we live in California's "Emerald Triangle" (so named for the lucrative marijuana crops that are grown here, a cornerstone of the local economy). We probably have more plant nurseries and hydroponics stores per capita than anywhere else in the country. Someone had a streak of naughtiness to put this in the display window. It practically screams "your kids can learn to grow pot, too!"

1 comment:

  1. Every night my prayers I say,
    And get my dinner every day;
    And every day that I've been good,
    I get an orange after food.
    The child that is not clean and neat,
    With lots of toys and things to eat,
    He is a naughty child, I'm sure--
    Or else his dear papa is poor.
    -- Robert Louis Stevenson

    ReplyDelete