Saturday, March 26, 2011

Sparkling


Evelyn: I planted my toes in the soft warm sand and let small waves move over them, caressing each crevice, then softening the ground below. I collected thoughts of how the water, the bay, the gulf, all spill into one massively linked ocean that offers me a connection to my sister, to the continents, and the universe. I stood and made my call to nature, to wash over me with a job that holds dear my need for security, creativity,  collaboration, cooperation, and a strong connection with others through teaching. It is coming, riding on some wave I can not see yet, building momentum, eager to take me in, to place me into the world in a new way that uses my gifts fully. I feel hopeful, I feel accepting, I feel warmed and grounded and supported.


Monica: My mom called this morning just to say hello and just then, the sun broke through the clouds. Suddenly the world was glistening and bright. I opened the office door, stepped out into the sunshine in my bare feet and turned my face to the sun to feel the warmth of it, like a sunflower. I joked with my mom that I needed to get a much-needed dose of vitamin D while the getting was good. And it was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment