Monday, March 14, 2011

Monday


Evelyn: A day of pure healing movement was on my plate. Starting and finishing with adjustments and massage, good food and conversation, napping and writing, difficult processing, and tender patience. The entire day a gift, from waking to sleep. Deep gratitude for the gentle care, the opportunities, and being loved. I discovered today, looking at x-rays of my back, what a tremendous curve I carry. Seems I have mild scoliosis, and the care I take now will keep me moving for a much longer time. I enjoyed the calming environments today, each with its own way of soothing and caring for me, and especially the hands that held me throughout.

Monica: This morning I looked out the west window of our bedroom and saw a couple of turkeys puffing themselves up and fanning their tail feathers trying to outdo each other in their mission to impress the ladies. The ladies appeared to be thoroughly unimpressed. I chuckled at their funky macho dance. They faced each other, they faced away from each other, then they strutted side-by-side, their fan-like tails competing for attention. If I were one of the ladies, I might be more offended than enchanted by their uncouth mooning.

2 comments:

  1. A young man enters the New York branch of Tiffany's on a Friday evening and walks up to a display case full of pearl necklaces. He turns to a gorgeous woman, who is obviously window shopping, looks her straight in the eye and says, "I can tell by your eyes that you really want that necklace. If you'll allow me, I'd like to buy it for you."
    The woman looks him up and down; he's wearing a nice suit and some pretty nice jewlry, but she has trouble believing this story.
    "Look, this is some kind of put on, right?"
    "No, really. You see, I've got quite a lot of money -- so much that I could never spend it all. I'd really like for you to have it."
    The guys whips out his check book, writes a check for five figures, calls over a clerk and hands it to him. The clerk peers at the check, looks
    at the young man, looks at the check again. "Very good, sir. I'm afraid I can't release the necklace immediately, would Monday be all right?"
    "That'll be fine, she'll pick it up." the man replies, and walks out of the store with the woman following him in a daze.
    The next Monday the man comes back in and walks up to the counter. The same clerk hurries over to him and says, "Sir, I'm sorry to have to tell
    you this, but your check was returned for insufficient funds."
    "I know," the man replies. "I just wanted to thank you for a terrific weekend."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now Pito, this sounds like a Rush Lamebuch joke.

    ReplyDelete