Monday, March 21, 2011

Gathering


Monica: I was late going out with my camera today. The sun came out for a stretch, then vanished behind  steely clouds in the late afternoon. I procrastinated, hoping for something new to appear before me that would inspire me to grab my camera. I looked out the window and saw a couple of our guests, a young boy and his dad, playing in the driveway. The boy was chasing his father around until he got distracted by a long stick he found. He became totally absorbed in fashioning the stick into a new kind of tool or toy. I watched him, admiring how he surrendered himself completely to his imagination.

Evelyn: Mesmerized by the iridescent green glimmer of what I thought was a fly, but as I inched in to capture (literally) I discovered was instead a green bee. I am not sure if he was still celebrating St. Patrick's Day, or if it was some strange environmental anomaly that caused this transformation, or if possibly I am simply not aware of a species like this...but he held my attention in the cool breeze, flower wavering and jumping between his efforts and the spring air, and I thought how bold and brave I was to be inches from his work, without a concern or any fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment