Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Travel & Mindfulness


Evelyn: I am working on mindfulness... of my thinking, of my posture, of my breathing, of my reactions, of my feelings, of my smile... Lets just say that my annual Buddha (gifted to me this year) is a perfect reminder of the healing, growth, and transformation that occurs when I am mindful and present. Did you know that one way to make yourself smarter (I just read an article on this - they listed 5 ways, of which playing games was another one) is to practice meditation? Being mindful of ones breath and NOT thinking... Justin and I had a little competition at Wonderworks this summer; they have this device that you can put on your head that measures brainwaves - and you can compete with someone else on being the MOST calm and relaxed... kinda reminds me of that, except I am missing the gadget that shows me JUST how mindful I am being.


Monica: Travel is always on my list of things I want to do. There are places I've been dreaming of for quite awhile: Turkey, the Maldives, India, and Zanzibar, to name a few. But this year, I'd gladly settle for two weeks in Hawaii with my husband, staying in a treehouse on the beach, eating fresh fish and pineapple, and snorkeling or scuba diving for most of the day.  I crave a tropical island, where my daily wardrobe consists of a tank top, sarong, and bare feet;  where I can lounge in a hammock with a good novel and a fruity cocktail; where I can be a mermaid amongst the fish and the corals. That is heaven for me.

1 comment:

  1. Please take me with you... I will sleep on the floor, on grass and sand... and wear a flea collar to keep off the sand fleas! Sounds lovely Monica!

    ReplyDelete