Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Entanglement



Monica: Mementos of a month-long road trip with my husband, stuffed into a mug. My days with him are like this—an entanglement of entertainments and discoveries, our shared journey. And this, too, is how we sleep, entangled and snuzzled together.

Evelyn: One of the natural oddities of Florida is the abundance of Spanish Moss that can sometimes smother the trees, and wind it way in long tresses from branches and bushes. It reminds me of Rapunzel...letting out locks of her yellow hair from a window up high.  It's beautiful, while also evasive. I spent much of 2009 and part of 2010 managing the entanglements I found myself in, between clients, jobs, and relationships. It was beautiful, for all the lessons I learned, while evasive in the ways in which I neglected to clear myself from the tangles emotionally and physically. I have such gratitude for being free of the clutching spindles of expectations, responsibilities, emotions and entanglements, now breathing fully with more space and better support. I am purple with delight!

No comments:

Post a Comment