Saturday, February 26, 2011

Store


Evelyn: It has been ages since I have had a Taco Night... so I gave it a go for the first time in 2011. My favorite part (aside from the vibrant energy of a clan of friends building unique tacos filled with broccoli, carrots, black beans, and other unheard-of ingredients)  is walking through the little Mexican market close to home. These little strews are so full of warm colors, between the beans, salsa, and corn,  80% of the labels sport bright red and yellow banners. It is a bit like walking through my life in Tucson for a moment, and if I really look at labels, I stand awed with the varieties of ways beans alone can be offered. I practiced my Spanish, asked for my order of carnitas, then grabbed some luscious limones, a few inexpensive avocados, and a bottle of Herdez, and I felt a bit like I was filling my world with flavors of love offerings.

Monica: We never really know what's in store for us. The basic tenet for living is very much like this sign: proceed at your own risk. There's no getting around the need to move forward with each new day and no avoiding the risks that life presents to us. It's the risks that make living an adventure. Sometimes there are hazardous plunges towards heartbreak. Other times, there are triumphs that make us soar. Every day is a risk. Every day is a blessing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment