Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Baffled



Monica: A list of a few things I am baffled by: fruit stickers, spider webs, how the days already feel longer in February, the turkeys living in my yard, how it's been nearly 20 years since I graduated from high school, December blossoms, quantum physics, champagne bubbles, the enormity of the universe, and how (as my sister just pointed out) when you finally get your act together, your boobs sag.

Evelyn: I am baffled. A bird flew over my upstairs deck and PELTED my sliding door with a cascade of poo so massive I thought paint had spilled from a bucket. I have yet to be brave enough to slip out there and decide HOW to get it off without going through an entire bottle of Windex. As I sat today, staring at it - in complete awe - I began to see all kinds of strange creatures emerge from the drips, splatters, and goo. This one (out of a series of 6 images) looks a bit like a grumpy old man, with his wonky nose and jutting chin, baffling how one thing turns into another... when the imagination needs some play time.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment