Friday, February 4, 2011

Collapse



Evelyn: The collapse of my walkway, stones warping, crumbling, and separating from years of rain and shifting sand, symbolizes the shifts that come when a path becomes worn. The pathstones to my home have become a bit more treacherous... and yet, as I kneel down and stare at the crevices between each stepping stone, I am immersed in a world of boulders, valleys, and forests, like unexplored lands. New paths forged in the breaking down of old ones. New realities born of the collapse of old. Somehow, it feels like a whole new path.

Monica: The day went by too quickly with preparations for a weekend-long board meeting. The first meeting began tonight and lasted 3 hours. Any of my former coworkers (hi Jefe!) can tell you that my eyes begin to glaze over 15 minutes into a meeting, and tonight was no different. By the time Michael and I walked through our front door, I was ready to collapse. But first I had to post today's photo and write something about it. I discovered this plant beginning to flower today, and while it is obviously nowhere near collapse, it contains the possibility of its end in its beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment