Friday, February 25, 2011

Date



Monica: They are practically an evening ritual, Michael's phone dates with his sister. He puts on the headset and settles into his armchair by the fire while I'm making dinner or processing the day's photos. They talk philosophy, or hear each others' dilemmas, or share a funny story. I love that he takes the time to connect with her regularly. I love hearing him laugh in the other room while I'm working.

Evelyn: I was so looking forward to a Friday set of plans, a series of dates and hanging that would be fulfilling, but as things go, not all plans work out. What I have found, however, when things don't work out as planned, is that there is a more divine reason for it all; and sometimes I have a simple date with the sunset, whose passing journey sparks a series of glorious colors and changes, that in an instant dissipate into a blanket of stars, and in that moment I believe that entire show was just for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment