Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Whisperings


Monica: I was writing daily for three months. Then I stopped. It's been niggling at me, this lengthening distance between the days of writing and the days of not writing. I feel a bit hopeless about my creative endeavors. I can't seem to move beyond the enormous resistance. I am tired of praying for that spark of passion to ignite, that burning urge to put my life down in words. I want to have faith in my own voice, my own vision. I want to have something to say. So I pick up the pen and start again.

Evelyn: There are so many lakes in Florida you almost wonder if there is more water than land. Sunsets have been spectacular, and I snuck out on a stranger's deck on a Windermere lake to watch a few moments of the sunset, a warm breeze brushing back my hair and whispering in my ear that there are all kinds of places to run away to.

No comments:

Post a Comment