Saturday, April 23, 2011

Blues


Evelyn: Why don't they make things the way they did in the 40's and 50's? I love the glassware in the antique stores of Clearwater Beach. I had the opportunity to wander and capture some of the light moving through niche rooms and glass-top cases. Some pieces were stunning, simply in texture and color, others playful, a few daunting and dark. Regardless, the many pieces, sunlight moving through them from windows, captured my eager attention. I like the translucence—the color much like my mood... the texture a bit like my feelings of late. 

Monica:  Friends showed up this afternoon with a prime rib, bottles of wine, and a beautiful cake. The excuse was they needed to sample the wine with the prime rib, which is one of the dishes being served at their upcoming wedding. They had already sampled the cake, but thought it would be a good idea to pick one up to celebrate the April birthdays in the house. I'll take any excuse for good food and good company.

No comments:

Post a Comment