Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Holding

Evelyn:  My art is one thing that I have been holding on to this last year. It is the hand that pilots me, the guiding smile that assures me of my voice, the calling that clearly points out my feelings, the anchor to my center of being. Doing art, with a group, or by myself, has been cleansing, full of insights, and a place where I can pour the subconscious onto a page and produce something of significance to me. It is where I find answers, at times, or more questions to explore. I hold on to this like a life-raft, just as much as my photography and daily writing, to keep me from falling into the crevices of my mind where things quickly look discouraging, or where I fail to see my own light. She is incomplete, another work in progress, but her dance reflects my own, at this moment, at this place in my story.

Monica: We needed to do a supply run and get our car serviced, so we headed to "civilization" which is 2½ hours away in Santa Rosa. The best part of our supply runs is staying with our friends in Petaluma, a quaint little town with gorgeous old buildings. I love walking around the downtown area and noticing little details I haven't seen before, like this sculpture honoring Bill Soberanes, the founder of the World Wrist Wrestling Championship held in Petaluma each year.

No comments:

Post a Comment