Saturday, August 13, 2011

Pink Ladies


Evelyn: Jamie is a goddess. She has a way with creatures and humans unlike anyone I have known. Imagine Snow White, and scenes in which all the creatures of the forest just descend upon her universe; Jamie is that. Stray cat, Oliver, a Parrot Rio, and recently Harry, the stray fancy rat who was coaxed out of the bushes by conversation alone. I don't know how she does it, but her heart glows and warms the souls of people and creatures alike. I trust her and love her, and get kisses without question whenever we hang out. The blessings in my life are profound!

Monica: August is when the pink ladies arrive, marking two years since we moved to Mendocino. Their flamboyant faces crop up in random patches along the coast, early harbingers of autumn. I am really beginning to know the seasons by the different things that grow or bloom at certain times of the year: the pink ladies in August, red cap mushrooms in October, the plum tree in December, daffodils in February, wild iris in March...It feels good to realize I've been paying attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment