Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Wrapping Up


Evelyn: The first day of fall for me always follows Halloween. Like clockwork, the temperatures begin shifting more drastically that last day of October, and I am eager to dig through warmer clothing as evening chills edge their way to my bedroom windows. I am exhilarated by my favorite scarf, after a late night massage, and feel gratitude for the things in my life that warm me.

Monica: It's fascinating to watch a spider go about her routine, wrapping a newly caught fly as she injects it with her anesthetizing poison or simply mending a broken strand of web. There's a spider web on one of the rear view mirrors of our car that I've noticed stays intact in spite of my driving up to 70 mph on the freeway. I suspect the spider is living in the mirror housing. She found the perfect location for harvesting meals as well as staying sheltered and safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment