Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Simple Pleasures


Evelyn: I had a few days with my parents & Gizmo, who spent a big part of the weekend on a joy ride in my new car, exploring potential living-spaces. Gizmo is always a joy. He destroys the living room with battered carcases and fluff, then leaves me in awe of the simple pleasures of sun bathing and bird watching. I miss him.

Monica: Another weekend in Sacramento. When we showed up for dinner at our favorite Japanese noodle place, it was packed with diners and there were a half dozen names on the waiting list. We put our names down and found a spot outside to wait. I remembered that I had grabbed a chilled bottle of Chardonnay from our fridge and two vintage aluminum cups from the cupboard to enjoy later that evening in our hotel room. While Michael worked on a crossword, I slipped away to the car to surprise him with an impromptu happy hour. It was a perfect summer evening with the light turning golden, a Sunday New York Times crossword, a glass of still-cold wine, and my sweetheart by my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment